- 400g chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
- 375g ready rolled puff pastry
- 50g butter
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 400g chestnut mushrooms
- 300ml dry white wine
- 300ml double cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- Melt the butter in a pan and brown the chicken breast chunks until fully cooked.
- Add the diced onions, garlic, mushrooms and thyme to the pan with the chicken.
- Add the wine, reduce for a few minutes, then add the cream.
- Cook gently for another 10 minutes, then transfer into a pie dish approx. 23cm/9 inch diameter. Cover with puff pastry and brush the edges of the pie with water.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 40 minutes until the pie is golden brown and crisp.