- 6 Moy Park chicken breasts
- 1 ltr chicken broth or stock
- 1 10 ounce bag of spinach, tough stems removed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in a pre-heated oven and cook at 220° for 20 mins. Check they are cooked through before turning off the oven, leaving chicken in to stay warm.
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, or add boiling water to stock cubes as instructed on pack to make 1 litre.
- Rinse the spinach and heat in a pan for a few minutes with a little oil until wilted; stir constantly. Transfer to a blender, add the basil and puree together until smooth and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add shallots (or onion) and cook until softened (about 2 mins) stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and mix until fragrant (about 30 secs).
- Add the rice and salt along with about 200 ml of the hot broth/stock and a splash of wine. Stir frequently, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue to add the stock and wine at intervals, constantly stirring until most of the liquid is absorbed. The risotto should be done when all the broth and wine has been added (25 to 35 mins total). Test the rice is tender.
- Stir in the spinach-basil puree. Remove from the heat; stir in ¾ cup cheese.
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining ¼ cup cheese and ground pepper.